Monday, January 16, 2012

I've still got it. . .a bit.

As my Sunday came to a close, I couldn't help but wonder if a certain ability of my past still existed.  I pondered the thought, which has been bouncing around in my head for a while.  I confess, proudly, I am a Trekkie, not just that, but a full blown Sci-Fi freak.  Yes it's true, and I have been reminiscing among old and quite cheesy Star Trek movies (as my wife would attest) this weekend.  And it has been amazing watching how bad the graphics were, but how awesome the stories and legends are.
From an earlier post, I let the world know that I am an amateur sculptor.  Having taught myself since the age of six, and until recently had now professional instruction.  I use to spend hours on end, creating ships, cities, creatures and whole universes, just waiting to be stepped on by my parents and siblings.  I sculpted so much, my mother made it a rule that every time I was to come up stairs my hands were to be washed, and my pockets to be turned out.  I was, and still am addicted.

So here tonight, when I should be asleep, I show to you all, I still have it . . .a bit.

To those who need an introduction, the first four are the U.S.S Enterprise E, D, B and original.
To those who don't, I hope you can recognize them.
 Each one is very basic, and to anywhere from ten minutes to 25 minutes
 Don't mind the giant hand floating in "space".


And because I could hear my mother telling me to, "branch out" after every sculpture,  I'll prove to her I have.

I can't wait for my next: Midnight Sculpting Experience!


1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! I'm sure this brings back a lot of memories for you, but it sure did for me. I remember your armies of sculptures lining the cement floor of your basement. Good times. I'm glad you are picking it up again!

    ReplyDelete