Saturday, November 13, 2010

Erer-Ishk-Noriska


I wish you could see my city, on the top of the world. I hear it was founded by explorers that were following the North Star. They sought to bridge the gap between our world and there, where ever there is. They failed, of course, but in remembrance of their struggle, loss and quest for that star, they named the city "Erer-Ishk-Noriska" or "Jewel of the North".
The first city was rumored to be built entirely of Ice and Snow, many of the explorers stayed to live, others left to explore more, still others strove to find that bridge. Those that chose to were never heard from again. It is said, they were taken in the Lights of the Sky, to Iosto Noriska, the North Star, to dwell with those who came before.




But I do not believe that fairy tale, Byorna Babista says there was no bridge to begin with, she says they were fools to even come here. Of course she says that about any human, well begin a bear will do that to you. Grandmother Bear has been with us since before I was born, she is the oldest of the Byorna-myst, or Bear servant, for lack of a better word.
We have about fifteen in our home. They tend the fires, care for the grounds and guard the gates to my families estate. Father says we live symbiotically with them. Father says we provide the bears organized shelter, society and work, they in turn provide information about the North, workers for our foundries and guides through this frozen wilderness.

I think Father likes to confuse me with the big words he knows, Father does that because he is a scientist, the greatest ones that has ever lived. He's traveled around the globe over fifty times. Father thinks there once was a bridge to Noriska, that is why we are here, but I don't think so.
Father says I think more like a bear than a human. Father leaves for his great expedition today, I guess we will see soon enough.


Father has given me this book to write in. I asked him what I'm suppose to write about, he said, "Your dreams, your experiences, and your thoughts. When you look back on your life you will want to remember these things."
So I guess that's what I'm going to do.
Right now, being the son of world famous explorer, I want to be one to. Just like my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment