Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A SPLENDIFEROUS DAY




This morning the sky was blue! I practically ripped the blinds off their strings in an attempt to get a better view. Pink fluffy clouds, and blue, blue skies!

On the bus, the sun was blasting over the tops of the mountains, setting buildings, air and people on fire. . . .figuratively, not literally, although that would have been interesting.

My favorite part of this morning was waking up next to my wife cuddled close to me.

Walking to class, leafs crunched, not squished, beneath my feet. Light from the sun made the different colors glow. And it helped that the ground crews of the University were piling up huge mounds of leaves to be bagged. I had to restrain myself from kicking up a few piles. I think I would have become Utah's most wanted.

I'm looking forward to what the rest of today has in store for me. I have found my positive-link to this day and I'm not letting it go.

The other day I was talking to my sister on the phone. In the background I heard barking and barking, I thought she had gotten a dog, and had terrible flash backs of her first dog: LUCY.

But no apparently its the dog next door, her living room window looks out into their backyard. Every time she opens the window, the dog barks its brains out. It's a big fluffy Akita. Every time I see those dogs I just want to give it a big hug, but then it might just bite my face off.

If that happened I would just say: "Its not my dog!"

Yesterday my pen connected with paper,
and the ideas flowed out.
I wrote some pretty interesting things,
and the most amazing store came out of it,
it almost had a mind of its own,
writing itself there in my notebook.
I'm excited to see where it will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment